About Four Seasons Hotel Abu Dhabi at Al Maryah Island
In a vibrant urban community right on the water, Four Seasons Hotel Abu Dhabi at Al Maryah Island welcomes guests with bright, open spaces, embracing expansive views of the city skyline and the sparkling waves of the Arabian Gulf. On dynamic, upscale Al Maryah Island – Abu Dhabi’s business and lifestyle destination – Four Seasons is located within a 34-storey glass tower, both high-tech and environmentally advanced. Sophisticated new concepts throughout the Hotel define Four Seasons as Abu Dhabi’s most exciting waterfront location. Blending urban chic and understated luxury, we offer 200 light-filled accommodations, including 38 suites – all with water views. With six creative restaurants and lounges, this is Al Maryah Island’s premier location for stylish entertaining. All venues open to outdoor waterfront terraces and most include private dining rooms. Relaxation awaits in the radiant Pearl Spa – with separate fitness and treatment facilities for men and women. Our expansive swimming pool offers a cool social scene with skyline views. With two bright, airy ballrooms that open onto the water, Four Seasons is Abu Dhabi’s most desirable address for meetings, social events and weddings. Every moment is elevated by thoughtful Four Seasons service, anticipating each guest’s unique personal needs – whether the goal is relaxing on vacation or staying efficient for business.
1. Welcomes and registers hotel guests, explaining the accommodations and establishing credit or method of payment.
2. Checks guest out of the hotel, preparing and explaining the bill.
3. Responds to a wide variety of guest requests by accurately assessing the guest needs and requests and then adding personal recommendations and touches to achieve maximum customer satisfaction while complying with all Four Seasons’ policies.
4. Checks in guest in an efficient and friendly manner, using guest name whenever possible.
5. Assures that guest is assigned type of room requested and the correct rate is charged.
6. Arranges for luggage to be delivered to guest room.
7. Issues correct keys to the guest.
8. Checks out guest at end of stay.
9. Ascertains guest satisfaction, collects keys, posts late charges and presents bill to guest.
10. Settles bill accurately through credit card or cash transaction.
11. Maintains a balanced bank assigned by the hotel.
12. Makes change, cashes checks, exchanges foreign currency.
13. Reconciles all transactions at the close of each shift.
14. Handles all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible; resolves customer complaints; assists customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events, directions, etc.
15. Responds to all guest requests in an accurate and timely manner.
16. Interaction with guest will be in person and by phone.
17. Utilizes a variety of computer systems to check guests in and out, run daily reports and select and block rooms for arriving guests.
18. Complies with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in Employee Handbook.
19. Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
20. Accepts reservations, changes and cancellations in the absence of Reservations Department Staff.
21. Can answer guest calls and direct them appropriately in the absence of a Communications Operator.
22. Assists with responsibilities and duties in the absence of or due to heavy volume in the areas of the Concierge, Bell Staff, Business Center, and lobby coverage.
23. Provides basic trouble-shooting support for in-room services such as Internet, TV movies, games, and Web service.
24. Works closely with Bell Staff to ensure smooth handling of guest luggage, deliveries and special requests.
1. The ability to display, at all times, a friendly, courteous and professional manner in all dealings with guests, patrons and other employees.
2. The ability to welcome and register hotel guests with an emphasis on fulfilling requests, following special handling instructions and adhering to established credit policies and procedures.
3. The ability to handle a multitude of keys.
4. The ability to quote and be familiar with room and rate availability for current and future dates.
5. The ability to accept reservations, changes and cancellations in the absence of reservations staff.
6. The ability to select and block rooms for arriving guests; pre-register individuals or groups as required; assist in escorting VIPs and return guests to their rooms as requested.
7. The ability to work closely with the Concierge staff to coordinate the efficient handling of guest luggage and follow up on guest requests.
8. The ability to handle guest problems or complaints.
9. The ability to utilize the computer system in running daily reports and in blocking special requests.
10. The ability to keep all support departments informed of necessary information or requests.
11. The ability to handle safety deposit box requests; including distributing, giving access to and closing procedures.
12. The ability to complete key packets and vouchers, and to modify registration cards.
13. The ability to check guests out of the hotel in accordance with procedures; make change, cash checks, exchange foreign currency, and post charges to guest accounts.
14. The ability to maintain a balanced bank assigned to you from the hotel.
15. The ability to reconcile all transactions at the close of the shift and to cash out. The ability to recite hours of operation of all hotel facilities and special service codes.
16. The ability to understand the tasks performed by a telephone operator, a reservationist, a concierge and a housekeeper.
17. The ability to handle hotel emergency procedures and situations with maturity and professionalism.
18. The ability to perform tasks and projects as delegated by the Hotel Assistant Manager, Front Office Manager or Assistant Director of Rooms.
1. To provide a friendly and professional service that always exceeds guests’ expectations.
2. To ensure you read the hotel’s employee handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
3. To undertake other duties and responsibilities which, while outside the normal routine, are within the overall scope of the position.
4. To report for duty punctually wearing professional attire.
5. To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department personal appearance standards.
6. To comply with local legislation as required.
7. To maintain good working relationships with your colleagues and all other departments through working by The Golden Rule.
8. To respond to any changes in the division as dictated by the needs of the industry, company or hotel.
9. To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
10. Conduct and attend training sessions as outlined.
11. Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by the Front Office Manager or Assistant Director of Rooms.
The benefits offered by Four Seasons Hotel Abu Dhabi include :
Full board shared living accommodation in a high quality, well-resourced compound
Complimentary nights at Four Seasons Hotels worldwide
Regular social and sporting events
Paid home leave tickets
Quality employee meals
Free transportation to and from work
Other similar jobs that might interest you