Shift Manager – Amazon Logistics Description
As a Shift Manager, you’ll have responsibility for the day to day management of a Delivery Station, providing leadership to Operations Supervisors, Operations Assistants and Delivery Service Providers, managing external agency relationships and performance. This team will work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more start-up than big company. We’re in uncharted territory, doing what’s never been done. The adopted attitude is that no idea is a bad idea, and the best ideas are the ones that should be tested and tried. You will need to thrive and deliver results in an ambiguous, fast paced, dynamic environment. If you have a quality focused, customer obsessed industry background which carries with it experience of working in a fast paced, ever changing and ambiguous environment (such as manufacturing, the military or engineering for example) we’d love to hear from you.
Overseeing the operation that focuses on the Amazon Logistics operation.
Support your team in daily management of the station, including allocating labor, leading meetings, assigning job duties, and excellent organizational skills. Being obsessed by metrics and diving deep to find root causes quickly, to drive improvements. Finds practical and simple solutions to complex problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality. Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving, and communication skills to influence business and technical audiences. • Provide day-to-day support during the rollout/implementation of newer systems/processes and gather feedback.
Continuously utilize software and hardware tools to ensure normal day to day operations. Ensure associates have proper tools to perform the job and coordinate repair or replacement when needed. Communicate daily metrics and report exceptions.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
– Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
– You hold a degree in logistics, business administration, or in a related field, or you have an equivalent qualification
– A strong team player, you thrive when working with others,
– You demonstrate problem-solving and analytical capabilities: conducting and driving Dive Deep analysis on complex processes isn’t a problem for you,
– You’re a quick thinker, able to act decisively in a fast-paced environment,
– You’re willing and able to work to flexible schedules and shifts: you always commit the time required to get the job done.
– 1+ years of performance metrics, process improvement or lean techniques experience
Other similar jobs that might interest you