Medical Jobs Kenya
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prescribing tests, treatments, and/or surgery related to the cardiovascular system when necessary.
- Maintaining detailed notes of appointments with patients, including comments, tests and/or
- treatments prescribed, and test results.
- Performing tests, when needed, to check the health of patients’ hearts and/or cardiovascular systems.
- Interpreting test results to determine how effectively the heart and/or cardiovascular system is functioning.
- Using medical imaging equipment, such as echocardiogram, CT and MRI scanners, to diagnose and treat heart and/or cardiovascular conditions.
- Assisting and/or performing interventional cardiology procedures such as coronary angiogram, PCI, pacemakers, electrophysiology studies etc.
- Prescribing medication to treat cardiovascular diseases.
- Providing support and advice to patients receiving long-term care.
- Training and providing educational support to junior staff, when necessary.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from a recognized institution.
- Master of Medicine in internal medicine from a recognized institution.
- Fellowship in cardiology from a recognized institution.
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council (KMPDC).
- Recognition as a specialist by the KMPDC
- Valid Practice License.
- Professional Insurance Indemnity Cover.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- At least one year working experience as a Cardiologist in a busy hospital
How to Apply
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows:
JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER].
Note that you must attach the Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application
Form and Practicing License ONLY when you apply online via the portal. The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 25th October 2022. Detailed job descriptions can be accessed on the Kenya University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital careers portal on the website www.kutrrh.go.ke . The successful candidates will be offered an attractive remunerative package which includes a basic salary and allowances.
The Hospital will facilitate travel for the successful candidates and assist in acquiring work permits and job placement for spouses where possible. Qualified Kenyans living abroad as well as well as experts from other nationalities are encouraged to apply.