Actuarial Analyst- Health Vacancy in Kenya | Health Jobs in Kenya
Duties & Responsibilities
- Pricing of medical insurance contracts/schemes and tenders to ensure competitiveness and business profitability
- Work with internal business development team in Product development, review existing products performance and features and advise management on appropriate changes to adopt.
- Perform claims experience analyses to monitor client performance. Prepare clients’ claims experience reports detailing the performance status of the contracts/schemes.
- Supporting on data analytics and business intelligence analytics on the medical class of business. Conduct cleaning and management of data used in various projects.
- Carry out actual Reserving for claims, premiums and expenses, and other financial projections.
- Carry out reinsurance utilization analyses and provide guidance on adequacy of reinsurance arrangements
- Developing and Maintaining effective actuarial reports of business historical performance with suggested management actions and recommendations.
- assist the department in identifying, quantifying risk where appropriate and formulating appropriate risk mitigation measures.
- Conducting research work within the Line of Business, aligning with local and international industry developments.
- Assist in client communication management, including drafting of reports, presentations, actively participate with team members in client meetings
- Participate in cross-departmental team activities to support organizational needs as may be required;
- Supporting the IFRS 17 implementation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science or any other related field.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good programming skills: Oracle BI/Python/R/C++/Power BI
- Good knowledge of regional financial regulatory requirements;
- Strong communication and written skills and proficiency in English;
- Displays high motivation, team-orientation, adaptability, initiative, self drive, ownership of work, and a fast learner.
- Relevant Actuarial professional examinations- a minimum of 3 professional exams
Read Also: NCPD Jobs in Kenya | Population Programme Officers
- At least 2 years’ experience in an actuarial role.
- Experience as an actuarial analyst within health Insurance environment is preferred.
- Good understanding of the insurance industry will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
- If you meet the above qualifications, please send your Cover letter and CV to: [email protected] with Actuarial Analyst-Health as the subject of the email on or before 13th October 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
APA Apollo Group is an equal opportunity Employer.