Medical Jobs Kenya
Vacancy No. CRDR/01/10/22
Location: Centre for Respiratory Diseases Research-Siaya and Nairobi
Reports to: Study Coordinator
- Must have Diploma in Clinical Medicine and a registered Member with a valid practicing license from the Clinical Officers Council of Kenya
- At least 2 year post-internship experience in clinical management of patients
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in English, Swahili (and Luo languages for Siaya site)
- Must be willing to reside in/within the study sites
- Experience working in a research study
- Certificate in “Good Clinical Practice” and/or “Human Subjects Protection”
- ability to work well with the public, to work well in a team, and to collaborate with counterparts
- Be flexible to work within the existing structures and rules of the clinics and hospitals
- Willingness to learn and do requisite training on human subject protection.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Develop a good understanding of TB treatment, and provide clinical services to people living with TB.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the study’s goals and activities to conduct the study
- Perform screening & consenting and enrollment of participants,
- Perform physical examination, take medical history, prescribe medication and make follow up of enrolled participants
- Make diagnoses and decisions on patient’s management according to study protocols and the recommended national guidelines
- Document applicable study data during all study procedures
- Clinically manage ill participants and conduct clinical procedures and collect biological samples when
Terms of employment:
Contract for one (1) year, renewable as per KEMRI scheme of service. Probation period for the first 3 months. Salary negotiable depending on experience and demonstrated competency.
How to Apply
Applications should include the following:
- Letter of Application (INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER)
- Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address
- Copies of Certificates, Diplomas or Transcripts
Applications should be sent to
KEMRI (CRDR) TB VACC TRIALS,
P.O. Box 47855-00100, Nairobi, Kenya.
Email: [email protected]. not later than 26th October 2022