The Davis & Shirtliff Group is the leading supplier of water and energy solutions in the region. The group is Kenyan based and operates through a network of Kenyan branches as well as regional subsidiaries in Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, DRC, South Sudan and Zimbabwe. The company has a total complement of over 800 highly trained and professional staff spread across the region and seeks to fill the position of Chemical Sales Engineer, reporting to the Sales Commercial Manager – Industries.
The principal job tasks shall be:-
- Designing and selling complete range of water and wastewater treatment chemicals solutions to customers and prospects.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with key customers/consultants.
- Prepare tenders, sales quotations, and expressions of interest for water and waste water treatment chemicals.
- Carrying out technical service visits and provide technical support as required within the region.
- Evaluate and develop new technology, products, and innovative solutions.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Upper Second Class Degree in Chemical Engineering/ Industrial Chemistry from a recognised institution.
- Minimum 3 years‘ experience in design, selling and servicing of water treatment and wastewater chemicals and solutions.
- Proven sales track record and desire to succeed in a sales environment.
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop and manage professional networks with prospects and clients.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office packages.
- Project management skills including ability to organize, schedule, prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic environment.
How to Apply
The successful candidates will join a dedicated team of specialists in the water and energy sectors which have significant potential for future growth. The job will provide a challenging and stimulating work environment with excellent growth opportunities for the successful candidates.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their applications and latest by Friday, 14 October 2022.