CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER: KeMU/ADM/RA/4/9/2022
Reporting to the Registrar Administration Planning & Development, the Chief Security Officer will be in charge of the Department of Security, in overall management, direction, control and co-ordination of Security Operations at the University.
Duties and Responsibilities: –
- Manage security intelligence systems within the University.
- Undertaking risk and disaster management.
- Coordination of investigations and prosecutions.
- Profiling crime cases.
- Investigation of disciplinary matters as referred by Management Board.
- Attend to all security meetings in all Campuses
- Plan and organize training for security staff
- Execute periodic security surveys for all campuses.
- Liaise with the external security agents.
- Advisor to the University Management Board on security Issues.
- Responsible for formulation, planning and control of the departmental budget.
- Effective coordination and implementation of policies in the department.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the immediate Supervisor
- Attained rank of Chief Inspector of Police or equivalent in the disciplined forces
- Masters in Security Studies or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field from recognized institution.
- Exemplary work performance.
- Have at least six (6) years’ experience as Senior Security Officer or equivalent
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send three (3) copies of their application, accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional certificates, National ID card or passport, and any other relevant testimonials.
- An electronic copy in PDF format to the Vice Chancellor through email address [email protected]
- Three hard copies marked as per the position should be sent to:
The Vice Chancellor
Kenya Methodist University
P.O. Box 267 – 60200
To be received on or before 13t h October 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to bring the following:
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Credit Reference Bureau.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department.
- Letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes) from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and general character one of whom must be the pastor of their local church.
All the positions above require individuals who are of high ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism.
KeMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.