Jiji is the largest online marketplace with over 10 million visitors on our site and 5 million active ads. We have been recognized as the best classifieds twice in a row with the highest visibility and returns on our different categories and services. Our site has continuously gained trust among Kenyans enabling us to be the Mobile App of the Year| Shopping and E-commerce in Kenya. We have had a tremendous impact among our buyers and sellers which has positively contributed to their growth.
We are looking for a Credit Analyst who will assess the creditworthiness of credit applications.
Duties & Responsibilities
The following are duties you will be responsible for:
- Evaluating credit risk – borrower’s past financial and credit history to determine their financial health
- Conferring with credit associations and references to exchange credit information on clients
- Using credit-scoring systems, recommend the credit limit for a new customer and review credit limits of existing customers
- Develop and prepare spreadsheets and models to support analysis of new and existing credit applications
- Keep company credit exposures within set risk bearing limits
- Undertake risk analysis by developing statistical models
- Keeping knowledge of key issues up-to-date (for example legal, market risk and compliance issues)
- Making recommendations about procedural/policy changes
- Preparing reports about the degree of risk in lending money to clients
- Qualifications in business studies, management, statistics, finance, mathematics, accounting or economics
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and general computer use
- Industry knowledge and experience
- Well vast with various finance softwares
- Excellent data collection and analysis skills
- Ability to effectively manage competing deadlines for projects in a high-pressure work environment, with varying degrees of supervision
- Strong attention to detail and ability to notice discrepancies in data
- Impeccable understanding of financial statements, ratios, and concepts
We generally offer a vibrant culture, great work ambiance, super intelligent workforce in a fun
working environment to harness the power of innovation. We care a lot about our employees. It’s obvious that for efficient work you need to stay in favourable working conditions.
That’s why we offer you the following benefits:
- Compensation – Competitive salary plus bonus on targets
- Career Growth – use skills to develop a robust credit department
- Various Employee Benefits – medical cover, staff transport, data and credit facilitation among others
- Employee Engagement Activities – Monthly TGIF’s, Annual Team Building and amazing End of Year Parties
- Working Environment – Modern office, serene outdoors, no dress code, thematic Friday’s for culture appreciation
- Personal Development – Engage with a team comprising of young brilliant minds, an environment that encourages and welcomes ideas, creativity and innovation, immense opportunities for learning
Read Also: NLC Vacancy in Kenya | Senior ICT Officer-System Developer
How to Apply
Please send your CV to [email protected] using the job title as the subject of your email. We look forward to speaking with you more about this opportunity.