Senior ICT Officer-System Developer (Grade NLC 6) – One (1) Post
Terms of Appointment
The appointment will be on a Permanent and Pensionable terms.
Personal Emolument for the position of Senior ICT Officer-System Developer
Basic Salary Scale : Kshs Min 58,000 – Max 98,000 Per month
House Allowance : Kshs. 28,000 Per month
Commuter Allowance : Kshs. 12,000 Per month
Leave Allowance : Kshs. 20,000 Per annum
Medical Cover : As provided by the Commission
The purpose of the job is to oversee the design, coding and implementation of system software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise System Developer Support Analyst on day- to-day operations.
- Implement ICT policies, standards and procedures according to industry standards.
- Lead developer’s teams on upgrade and scale up of systems.
- Develop and implement applications and programs for the backend processing of systems.
- Supervise the development, writing and testing of codes.
- Coordinate development and design of algorithms and flowcharts.
- Conduct the selection and acquisition of necessary software and hardware.
- Prepare code specifications for Commission’s systems.
- Create technical documentations for reference and reporting.
- Develop new applications as per user requirements.
- Supervise installation, configuration, setup, testing, troubleshooting, documentation and decommissioning of systems and associated hardware.
- Carry out staff performance appraisals for System developer support analyst.
- Analyse code segments regularly.
- Verify and deploy programs and systems.
- Prepare system documentation and user manuals for Information Systems.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills):
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Software engineering or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies;
- Background in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic, Excel, Word, Outlook and HTML.
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications.
- Good working knowledge skills with Microsoft Office Products, Microsoft Visio, dream weaver, PHP, Python, Java and Microsoft Project.
Previous relevant work experience required.
Must have served in a similar position in the private or public sector for at least five (5) years
Applicants must possess level of knowledge and skills in the following areas;
- Knowledge and understanding of information communication technology processing, systems, concepts, methodologies and current trends in IT
- Analytical Skills
- Communication Skills
- Problem solving skills
- Presentation skills
How to Apply
- Job applicants should attach all requisite academic and professional certificates to the application form which is to be downloaded from the Commission website.
- Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert will not be accepted.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity card, academic & professional certificates, transcripts and testimonials during interviews. Please note that it’s a criminal offence to present unauthentic certificates.
If you possess or meet the above qualifications, please send;
Your application letter together with detailed Curriculum Vitae including names of three referees and their full contacts (Name, Post Office Box number, email address, and day time telephone/mobile phone contacts)
Visit our website www.landcommission.go.ke for instructions on how to apply and to download employment application form. Applicants MUST apply both online and submit hard copies of their application.
In case you do not hear from us, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Please note that canvassing for this position will lead to automatic disqualification.
Upon granting an offer of employment, a successful candidate MUST present and satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by providing copies of the following documents;
- A valid Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI).
- A valid Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- A valid Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- A valid Clearance form from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
Applications should reach the office of the Secretary/CEO, National Land Commission by 11th October, 2022 on/or before 5.00pm.
Read also: NLC Jobs in Kenya | ICT Assistant Officer II
The National Land Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people from marginalized areas and Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All hardcopy application should be submitted to:
National Land Commission
2nd Ngong Road Avenue,
316 UpperHill Chambers Building,
19th Floor, P.O Box 44417-00100,