Hiring for a Business Support Officer
To provide comprehensive system services and support to business units by ensuring that business needs are reflected fully into the supporting systems either through development or exploitation. The individual should be able to identify and understand business needs and objectives suggest practical functional solutions and evaluate conflicting requirements. This includes being the centre of excellence to ensure that systems are supporting business initiatives, either through business data management or defining the functional change requirements in projects and / or enhancements, ensuring such changes are business tested, communicated and trained to the business users.
– Assist the end-user community in using and utilising the systems efficiently and use operational and applications expertise to recommend initiatives to improve the overall user experience
– Collate and document user requirement specifications for information systems in liaison with IT & other support departments
– Prepare test plans for user acceptance testing, perform the testing, report the deviations through proper documentation and ensure the system is delivered in accordance with the specification. Conduct post implementation health checks
– Prepare necessary training plans for the planned release of systems and set up a procedure for identifying the users and their training requirement on an ongoing basis
– Conduct system administration tasks by maintaining the reference data and the user access control accurately, regularly monitor the system performance and initiate corrective measure if required
– Provide 1st level technical support for business operating systems across the user community/ Provide advice on functionality and on all applications during normal day to day operations. Formally raise end user complaints, track and follow up with EGIT keeping end user informed on progress and resolution
– Support end user community on functional clarifications. Provide workarounds for application functionality to ensure uninterrupted operation. Participate in functional implementation support for new enhancements and projects.
– Provide adhoc and planned internal training or support for business units during the deployment of new application or enhancements, if required.
– Produce reports using different tools available in the IT catalogue to support the department on operational statistics and performance monitoring.
– Execute user acceptance testing based on the prepared test scripts and provide documentation of the results for review prior to roll out. Archive the test scripts and results for reporting and future references.
Qualifications & Experience
Experience on IT system testing and IT knowledge : 5+ Years
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
– Experience on system testing and preparation of user acceptance test cases
– Excellent communication and strong proficiency in English
– Experience on system support and dealing with IT for project delivery
– Experience on Data Analytical Tool and preparation of Reports and Dashboards
– Strong in system testing and be able to prepare for required test cases (scenarios for testing).
– Data Analytical and implementation of required dashboards using Power BI or any other Analytical Tools
– Knowledge on Microsoft Product like Power Apps, Power Automate, etc.
Safety Sensitive Role: No
Salary & Benefits
Join us in a management role and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary. On top of our generous travel benefits, including discounted flights and hotel stays around the world, this managerial role also has an excellent leave and healthcare package. That’s on top of transport benefits, life insurance and more. Find out what it’s like to live and work in our fast-paced, cosmopolitan home city in the Dubai Lifestyle section of our website www.emirates.com/careersJoin us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.Join our growing team and enjoy a competitive remuneration package, discounts on flights and hotel stays. Find out more about working with us in our website www.emirates.com/careers
Other similar jobs that might interest you