Trainer – Soft Skills
GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the role:
• Design and develop learning and development (L&D) strategy outlining how the Health & Beauty team develops its workforce’s capabilities, skills and competencies, knowledge and skill to remain successful.
• Identifying the current and future skills requirements of Health & Beauty Team and creates flexible learning interventions (through digital and other means) to meet the diverse needs of the workforce.
• Setting staff development goals, developing strategies to improve productivity, identifying areas for improvement, and maintaining an adequate workforce.
• Actively searches, creatively designs, and implements effective methods for enhancing performance, and recognizing outstanding performance therein maintaining a consistent culture in the business with regard to training and development.
• Analyze existing behavioral training programs in liaison with Corporate L&D to determine their feasibility for the Business and identify Internal Trainers and designing e-learning courses, career plans, workshops and more.
• Prepare a training budget for a department or organization. Communicate with vendors and customers to understand their needs, discuss issues with management, and determine which types of training are most suitable for the company and the way its employees tend to learn
• Benchmark locally, regionally, and globally on the best practices in Learning management and update the processes and policies accordingly.
• Active & continuous participation with HR business partners and business managers to benchmark health of various offerings to ensure organizations capability towards attracting, selecting and retaining high-potential employees remains intact & competitive.
• Work with various stakeholders to promote the high performance, development-oriented culture.
• Play an active role in developing various communications and interactions with the external teams and manage the internal communication plan for all related matters in the Learning cycle.
• Develop and deliver content related to training, employee development.
• Defines performance goals at the start of the year in discussion with the reporting manager and ensures that the goals are achieved during the course of the year
• Keeps abreast of professional developments, new techniques and current issues through continued education and professional growth
Related: Ecommerce Executive Job at GMG Dubai
Requirements & skills:
• Should have hands-on experience in conducting TNA, implementing various training, learning & development procedures.
• Should have independently managed developing and deploying a learning cycle for the company, assess ROI
• Should have the capacity for creative thinking and a strong sense of confidence in communicating with a variety of different types of people with excellent verbal and written skills.
• Should keep himself / herself updated on industry trends in order to advise and influence senior management and internal stakeholders and enable creation of effective strategies for promoting people growth and their careers.
Bachelor’s Degree in any Discipline
L&D Certification would be an added advantage
Minimum 4-6 years of relevant experience.
Strong English and/or Arabic language skills (written and spoken)
Previous Experience working in a Retail / Skincare background would be an added advantage.
Other similar jobs that might interest you