Front Office Manager job at Anantara Abu Dhabi
Sir Bani Yas – Abu Dhabi – United Arab Emirates
Company Location: Desert Islands Resort & Spa by Anantara
• Participate in preparation of the hotel’s strategic and marketing plans. Prepare the Front Office team budget.
• Plan and implement training plans for all Front Office employees. Conduct regular associate training and monitor its success. This will involve training in both IT systems and guest-service procedures.
• Maintain full knowledge of the Property Management and Call Centre computer systems.
• Supervise the functioning of all departmental employees, facilities, sales, and costs, to ensure maximum departmental profit is achieved.
• Take personal responsibility for maximizing quality levels of product and service, and guest satisfaction.
• Remain accountable for all elements of the department operations.
• Ensure that all Standard Operating Procedures are being adhered to, by training all staff and monitoring their performance. Continue to capture best current practice in new LSOPs relating to front office operation.
• Drive the implementation of all sales and promotional programmes of the hotel. Take personal responsibility for driving Upselling within the property.
• Monitor daily arrivals and action as appropriate for any VIP or special request. Liaise with housekeeping, room service and guest relations where necessary to complete the action.
• Develop and maintain a motivational working environment within the department.
• Provide coaching and counseling, support and guidance to the associates as required.
• Ensure associates are up to date with current information and data of the hotel product, including room types, rates, relative features and facilities, food and beverage outlets & promotion, spa and health club, and other services and facilities.
• Conduct regular room and floor inspections to ensure quality standards, complete necessary Engineering Job Order or housekeeping cleaning requests and monitor the results.
• Establish and maintain effective employee relations.
• Liaise with HR in all employee matters including interviewing and hiring, employee orientation, performance appraisals, coaching, counselling, and dismissal if necessary to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity.
• Control payroll and business expenses of the department.
• Liaise with the Accounting Department for accounting and auditing related front office procedures, reports and operational problems and payments of commission.
• Assist the Accounting Department in collecting outstanding, especially bills from tour leaders, local representative of operator and local agencies.
• Provide assistance to local representatives of tour operators and travel agencies.
Other similar jobs that might interest you