About Four Seasons Hotel Abu Dhabi at Al Maryah Island
In a vibrant urban community right on the water, Four Seasons Hotel Abu Dhabi at Al Maryah Island welcomes guests with bright, open spaces, embracing expansive views of the city skyline and the sparkling waves of the Arabian Gulf. On dynamic, upscale Al Maryah Island – Abu Dhabi’s business and lifestyle destination – Four Seasons is located within a 34-storey glass tower, both high-tech and environmentally advanced. Sophisticated new concepts throughout the Hotel define Four Seasons as Abu Dhabi’s most exciting waterfront location. Blending urban chic and understated luxury, we offer 200 light-filled accommodations, including 38 suites – all with water views. With six creative restaurants and lounges, this is Al Maryah Island’s premier location for stylish entertaining. All venues open to outdoor waterfront terraces and most include private dining rooms. Relaxation awaits in the radiant Pearl Spa – with separate fitness and treatment facilities for men and women. Our expansive swimming pool offers a cool social scene with skyline views. With two bright, airy ballrooms that open onto the water, Four Seasons is Abu Dhabi’s most desirable address for meetings, social events and weddings. Every moment is elevated by thoughtful Four Seasons service, anticipating each guest’s unique personal needs – whether the goal is relaxing on vacation or staying efficient for business.
Related: Demi Chef de Partie at Marriott International Dubai
- The ability to set up the host/hostess stand, review the reservation book and make recommendations as to the set up of the room.
- Open the restaurant for business at the prescribed time each shift.
- Inspect the cleanliness of each section of the dining room and the private dining rooms and make necessary improvements as well as check each table prior to opening to ensure its proper set.
- Pick up the daily menus and insert them properly in their covers.
- Inspect every menu and list to ensure their condition and appearance.
- Develop a complete working knowledge of the menus, menu ingredients and what is unavailable for the day.
- Assign seating taking into account service standards.
- Know the server stations, their daily assignments, their personal timing patterns and their maximum workload capacity.
- Maintain a station chart and cover count for the F&B space using the Eat2Eat system.
- Seat guests promptly at a table pre-set for the number in the party and according to guest preference.
- Review guest reservation book, and make recommendations as to the set-up of the room, maintain a station chart and cover count for the restaurant while recognizing the maximum workload capacity of each server in order to meet Four Seasons Service standards.
- Handle guests without reservations or those waiting for others to join them.
- Handle lost and found items.
- Check guests’ coats or packages when necessary.
- Address guests by name whenever possible.
- Address a guest dissatisfaction immediately and inform the manager of the action taken.
- The ability to anticipate the needs of guests while scanning the room constantly.
- Answer telephones according to Four Seasons standards and take guest reservations or provide information regarding the restaurant or any other hotel service.
- Anticipate the needs of guests, respond accordingly to guest inquiries or problems, and recognize regular guests by name and utilize the guest’s name consistently.
- Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in Employee Handbook.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors. Collect guest’s information (i.e. business cards, special occasion, dates, preferences etc) and log according to policy and procedure.
- Complete special projects (menu changes, signage, etc) as instructed. Ensure proper table set-up and make minor adjustments as needed.
- Stock paper/office supplies.
- The ability to follow proper payroll and uniform procedures.
- Take an active role in implementing safety procedures and following up within the department.
- Respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Describe the selection of food & beverage menu items to guests by offering interesting, and vivid descriptions of each item, origin, taste, and preparation methods; communicate guest orders including any special needs or requests to the kitchen; coordinate food timings; check completed kitchen orders with the guest’s original order; transport items to the guest table in a timely manner to ensure proper food quality.
- Anticipate guest needs, ascertain satisfaction, and offer suggestions, and respond urgently and appropriately to guest concerns and requests.
- Assist with food & beverage service throughout hotel, guest rooms, meal periods, special events etc.
- Assist colleagues within the department to complete other duties (i.e. food running, clearing, cleaning, mise-en-place, polishing equipment etc)
- Develop a complete working knowledge of the menu items and their ingredients and preparation.
- Recognize and address potential intoxicated, disruptive or undesirable guests.
- The ability to carry trays, bus and reset tables with linen, china, glass and silver.
Related: Butler – Room Service at Four Seasons Resort Dubai
- To provide a friendly and professional service that always exceeds guests’ expectations.
- To ensure you read the hotel’s employee handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities which, while outside the normal routine, are within the overall scope of the position.
- To report for duty punctually wearing professional attire.
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department personal appearance standards.
- To comply with local legislation as required.
- To maintain good working relationships with your colleagues and all other departments through working by The Golden Rule.
- To respond to any changes in the division as dictated by the needs of the industry, company or hotel.
- To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- Conduct and attend training sessions as outlined.
- Wear hair restraint/hat, gloves to complete assignment within the kitchen areas.
- Must be able to obtain any required food handling and/or sanitation certifications required by local or state agencies.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by the Outlet Manager or Director of Food & Beverage.