Walk in Interview, Apply for Chief of Party (COP) Job in Tanzania
The Chief of Party (COP) will provide technical and administrative leadership and expertise to the YES Activity and will be the primary liaison with USAID/Tanzania, relevant ministries of the Government of Tanzania. The COP is responsible for strategic direction and will manage all aspects of program implementation to meet project objectives. The COP is responsible for guiding senior technical staff and for ensuring the responsiveness and quality of work along with efficient use of resources and achievement of results. The Chief of Party has responsibility within the project team for decisions related to technical, management, resource allocation, and personnel. The position will be based in Dar es Salam, Tanzania and the position is contingent upon program award and USAID approval.
Key roles and responsibilities include the following:
- Represent T-MARC and the project to the USAID Mission, the host country government, and other key stakeholders.
- Establish and foster relationships with a broad network of partners, donors, government counterparts, and community groups.
- Establish and pursue a results-oriented program strategy in coordination with the project team and in consultation with USAID, other partners, and stakeholders, including greater public/private partnerships.
- Provide leadership and technical oversight to project staff and sub awardees.
- Ensure that staff, team members, and consultants understand their roles and responsibilities and comply with project requirements and USAID and T-MARC policies and procedures.
- Ensure that project indicator and programmatic targets and USAID/Tanzania obligations are met.
- Assume responsibility for the technical quality of all project activities and products.
- Lead the project annual work planning and ensure that quality operational plans, budgets, and reports are submitted as per project agreements.
- Administer the project’s financial oversight and procedures, ensuring compliance with local labor laws, USAID regulations, and T-MARC’s policies and procedures.
- Facilitate close collaboration and teamwork, including mentorship and development of local technical and administrative staff.
- Provide regular status and progress reports to USAID and T-MARC.
- Coordinate with T-MARC’s senior leadership to assure that all managerial and administrative matters are communicated, and actions comply with the provisions of the agreement and with USAID.
- Oversee the establishment and management of an effective project M&E system.
- Master’s degree in statistics, social science, development economics or a related field
- 10 years of experience with Master’s degree or 5 years with PhD in data management and analysis for M&E, learning, and adaptive management
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing M&E systems in complex donor-funded development projects.
- Experience implementing M&E activities in system strengthening projects desirable
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and other MS Office software; data analysis software, e.g. SPSS or Stata
- Experience conducting monitoring, evaluation and research tasks related to technical areas.
- Experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative research, with demonstrated experience managing data collection teams.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written English skills for writing M&E reports and deliverables for USAID and project stakeholders.
- Strong management skills to manage M&E support staff and activities.
Other Recent Jobs
How to Apply
All applications must be received by 10th March 2022. The subject line must mention the position. Send resume/CV, and cover letter as ONE PDF document to:
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Location: Dar es salaam, Tanzania
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
T-MARC is an Affirmative Action/EqualOpportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. T-MARC provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits
Keywords: Working in Tanzania 2022 | Tanzania job vacancies 2022 | Jobs in Tanzania for Experts 2022 | Jobs in Tanzania for Foreigners | Urgent Hiring in Tanzania