Walk in Interview, Apply for GSW Project Manager Job in Doha, Qatar
GSW Project Manager
Grid Software ME
Siemens Smart Infrastructure combines the real and digital worlds across energy systems, buildings and industries and is the ideal partner in customers’ sustainability and digitalization journey. Our portfolio addresses the complete value chain across buildings and electrification, both increasingly growing together at the grid edge. Our smart building and electrification products, systems, solutions and services improve energy and resource efficiency, facilitate the transition towards renewables and decentralized power generation, while ensuring resilient and reliable power supply
Reporting to: Head of Grid Software QA and BH, located in Doha – Qatar
Key Relationships: End-users, EPCs, Consultants, Partners, Region Business Stakeholders, project managers, HQ product houses, back-office engineering centers, PLMs, proposal team, sales team, subcontractors
The Project Manager is responsible of the overall project delivery, he will be involved from the sales engagement stage through to the technical design, commercial and legal aspects of the project and ultimately the delivery of the overall project within scope, timeline and using the allocated resources. He has profit and loss accountability of his assigned projects and will work according to the pm@SIEMENS process.
This role reports to the Smart Infrastructure Grid Software Business Unit in Qatar and has the exposure to operate across the Middle East region.
Additional to the above-described role, it is also expected actively to support Sales and proposal activities directly with the customer as getting involved with the software product lifecycle team in order to guarantee solution success in the project implementation phase.
The PM manages the engineering resources in house and at the back offices, ensures projects are delivered as per scope of work, within the contractual timeframe and using the allocated financial and human resources, as well as getting involved with the software product lifecycle team in order to guarantee solution success in the project implementation phase.
This role requires high customer engagement and effective communication skills, inspiring leadership treats to ensure the team is working in harmony to deliver SIEMENS benefits and customer expected values.
Additionally, the PM should have a business development and sales mindset and contribute to achieve the GSW ME order intake, revenue and profits ambitions, he should support the sales team to promote GSW solutions to the customers, create demand from customers, involve in proposals activities by analyzing RFQs and preparing a technical solution, estimate the cost and prepare a commercial offer, he should be involved in arranging workshops and participate in organizing events
- Fully understand customer objectives, and projects contractual scope and obligations
- Responsible of the Planning, scheduling, budgeting and reporting
- Maintain strong customer relationship and effective communication
- Manage resources through efficient planning and identifying required skills
- Highlighting potential opportunities and risks that should be raised to Management
- Close monitoring of the resources and subcontractors assigned work
- Review all types of documents before sending to customers
- Identify and qualify the right subcontractors with the help of procurement
- Manage projects according to pm@SIEMENS guidelines
- Drive variation orders from running projects by proper change management and promoting extra value to customers
- Prepare and conduct regional Project Review Meetings on a regular basis
- Support in building regional delivery teams, identify strengths and weaknesses, and support the improvement of the teams
- Support the regions in creating competitive, technically and commercially accurate offers and drive the respective approval processes
- Participate in field sales activities, business development initiatives to contribute to grow the pipeline and achieve sales targets.
- Define processes that can be used across the Business Unit which are in line with the global Grid SW solutions strategy
- Coordinate resources across the region to ensure we maintain productivity goals in each one.
- Support on the product development in order to insure the time to delivery of rollout features or product enhancement to comply with signed contracts or offers in build
- Follow on the Product Life cycle Management, when supporting product implementation.
Required Skills / Experience
- At least 8 years of project management experience in the fields of Software development, Integration and Smartgrids
- Experience in working with utilities preferably within the Smart Grid market (i.e. Grid Control, Grid Simulation, Smart Metering, Grid edge, Consulting).
- Experience in managing software and integration projects using Agile methodology.
- pm@SIEMENS or PMP certification is a must
- Motivated by continuous learning, and initiative driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customers internal/external.
- Ability to balance multiple projects under pressure.
- Experience with international and cross border projects
- Intercultural experience and team building skills
- Ability and flexibility to adjust and thrive in environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities for multiple projects or assignments.
- Result orientation – Assertiveness – Customer orientation – Leadership skills
- Proficient business language skills in English (German is a plus)
Travel requirement estimated at 10%
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Other Recent Jobs
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Keywords: Working in Doha 2022 | Nafasi za Kazi Qatar | Jos in Qatar for Experts 2022 | Jobs in Qatar for Foreigners | Urgent Hiring in Doha, Qatar