Walk in Interview, Apply for Lead Buying Officer (Retail/Duty-Free) Job in Doha, Qatar
About the role
As Lead Buying Officer, you are responsible for providing effective support and managing the category purchasing functions at Qatar Duty Free (QDF), ensuring that sufficient stocks are available at all times to satisfy the projected sales growth. You will investigate new product opportunities and present range proposals, analyse in-depth correct performance with a view to focusing the range and maximizing profitability for the company. Responsibility for margin and cost of sale related expenditure.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Support, train and manage Buying Officers on day-yo-day job functions to execute category strategy and plans.
- Ensure stock availability/collections to achieving annual category budgeted net sales and margin.
- Analyse current consumer trends and predict future trends in specific category to ensure products are in line with the market offer
- Report on current purchasing activity to the Management and monitor Stock levels in INAX while minimizing stock write offs
- Establishing and maintain strong relationships with Suppliers and other retails, meeting with them regularly for formal reviews to ensure brand/product guidelines are met and best fit products are selected and launched on time.
- Working in partnership with retails and marketing department to ensure effective marketing, Assist Category Lead with development of consumer and shopper communications strategy and plans.
- Review performance of products and ranges in conjunction with the Management and reacting as necessary to improve the effect and monitoring performance.
- Support Category Lead to manage product detail for catalogues, sourcing and selection of imagery and content, PR copy briefing, desk and market research
- Follow-up on shipment orders placed and receive invoice from suppliers.
- Attending trade shows to keep abreast of the changing market place. Negotiating, in the best interest of the Company, with “International and Local” suppliers, regarding selection, price, terms, deliveries, freight, insurance, quality special discounts, extended credit and general marketing support, strategy and training to maximize the profitability of the Organisation.
- Review Destination and daily inbound reports to analysis sales.
- Shares signed PO with the suppliers once approved to monitor the purchasing process.
- Visit HIA 3 times per week to liaise work with VM team to ensure brand/stock are in line with operational/brand
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community. Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge.
Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
- The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Expert – minimum 7 years of job-related experience required
- Ability to organise and prioritize tasks on a regular basis.
- Able to work to deadlines and work under pressure.
- Well-developed lateral and analytical thinking skills.
- Strong commitment to confidentiality.
- Strong people manager; able to lead a professional team.
- Excellent project management skills; able to deliver tasks within tight deadlines.
- Creative and innovative; able to design new and effective solutions
Other Recent Jobs
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination.
Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
Keywords: Working in Qatar 2022 | Doha job vacancies 2022 | Jobs in Qatar for Experts 2022 | Jobs in Qatar for Foreigners | Urgent Hiring in Qatar