Walk in Interview, Apply for Vice President Cargo Network Planning Job in Doha, Qatar
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to lead and manage all aspects of Cargo Network Planning. It is a key role in the organisation and responsible for formulating QR Cargo’s commercial strategies, and directing the business research and development with the aim to establish new markets and/or improve existing industry presence. The Vice President Network Planning will be a key leader and decision-maker in the Cargo organisation, managing the development of the QR Cargo Network and Schedule Planning. In this role you will partner with the leadership team to drive innovation, contribute to digital transformation and lead the improvements around business processes, procedures and efficiencies.
• Fleet Management: Manages the freighter fleet plan. Conducts analysis on fleet performance and recommends optimal fleet composition in aircraft type and tail count to match customer demand and QR Cargo long term strategy. Manages and controls effective and optimum utilization of freighter fleets and exhaust all possible and feasible tactical approach in network planning and development.
• Directs the valuation exercises related to Qatar Airways Cargo potential partnerships and acquisitions. Constructs business cases to achieve maximum synergies with other QR owned investments.
• Directs the development of strategic business plans governing Cargo network planning activities. Develops and recommends the organization’s network strategies based on analysis and studies of business conditions to support 5-year plan.
• Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function i.e. interline and partnerships, trucking operations, scheduling, route management and new market or market expansion studies.
• Directs a continuous cost-benefit analysis of existing network and recommends new markets or a change of the current capacity to improve contribution and network optimization.
• Monitors and evaluates results of existing plans to ensure growth and profitability and makes adjustments as necessary.
• Develops budgets and policies pertaining to fleet management, route profitability, and route development.
• Drive the strategic vision of mid to long term network for QR Cargo (e.g. identifying emerging markets, shifts in production, new commercial opportunities).
• Develop network strategy to ensure optimal network design and profitability.
• Manage the strategic relationship with Corporate Planning and Aeropolitcal. Ensure full disclosure and strategic alignment of plans and initiatives.
• Optimization of network efficiency through strategic alignment with internal and external departments (e.g. Corporate Planning, Air Political and Cargo Schedule Fitting, Maintenance Airport Slots, OAG, Innovata).
• Review and advise of digitization strategy of the department.
• Develops strategic reporting on set KPIs of the department.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 10+ years of job-related experience
Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills and to foster teamwork among team members.
Other Recent Jobs
The closing date for applications is 31 March 2022.
When applying for a new role where you will continue to report to your current manager within the same cost center (CC), the I-NOC is not required but please upload a document stating this.
If the new role does not report to your current manager, a signed and approved I-NOC must be uploaded along with your application. Please note that I-NOC must be valid only for the position stated. I-NOC must be uploaded no later than the closing date stated on this vacancy.
For clarification or if you encounter any problems uploading your documents/I-NOC please contact your Admin or the Recruitment Team for assistance. Unfortunately, we will not be able to process your application further if all HR criteria’s are not met.
Keywords: jobs in Qatar for foreigners | jobs in Qatar with salary | Qatar vacancy today | jobs in Qatar for freshers | jobs in Qatar 2022 | urgent jobs in Qatar 2022