Apply for Principal Engineer (Data Centre – Server) Job in Dubai | The Emirates Group Jobs in Dubai
To design, develop, implement and support infrastructure solutions for the Group in alignment with corporate business and IT strategies, ensuring appropriate balance between functional, service quality and systems management requirements. This necessitates engagement with the internal and external stakeholders while also taking full responsibility for the implemented solutions and operational availability of production infrastructure.
Principal Engineer Job Outline:
- Develop IT Solutions that meet customer requirements. Ensure that the design is robust, appropriate and of high quality and conforming to Corporate standards and in line with the technical strategy. Own, Manage and maintain the solution designs of complex/large Projects, Products, Environments or Platforms.
- Provide expert technical consultancy and guidance within the technology area and act as lead technical member in delivering infrastructure solutions.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Architecture Guiding Principles, drawing on architectural knowledge and experience.
- Lead the development of new corporate IT standards, analysing and understanding potential impact of competing technologies, assessing their strategic significance, defining their strategic role and scope, roadmap, relationship to existing standards, and periodically reviewing our entire IT estate in the context of those standards.
- Track technologies and new business innovations, determine how they relate to our IT strategy, existing standards, platforms and patterns, and lead the work to amend existing assets or create new assets to reflect changes in the technology landscape.
- Ensure that the implemented solutions meets the service level requirements in terms of expected availability, capacity, continuity, security, performance and reliability. Identify and define standards and metrics on the relevant technology. Monitor current performance and to ensure appropriate levels of capacity, quality, service level and resources and solutions are optimally tuned.
- Publish and maintain high quality documentation for technology area. Working within the standard templates and documentation guidelines which includes detailed design, configuration details, support procedures, operations manuals and deployment architecture.
- Manage ‘End of Life’ replacement of equipment and/or software within the technology area to ensure conformance to technical standards and support the technology initiatives and directions. Ensure operational and information security risks are identified, tracked and mitigated in a timely manner.
- Lead solution design reviews and technical design reviews, ensuring that projects are following agreed corporate strategic direction and alignment to architectural standards and patterns.
- Provide expert advice to projects on technical and architectural standards, guiding them on the need to raise exception requests, develop new or amended standards, and on the appropriate use of architectural patterns manage, direct, inspire and coach the work and capability of STE and operational resources as required, and engage in, and lead, a much wider virtual team consisting of at least 20 individuals.
Qualifications & Experience
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) in a subject relevant to Information Technology.
Experience: 8+ years of specialized technical experience within a business IT environment.
- Automation – Terraform Associate
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Operating Systems – Red Hat Linux / Microsoft Windows Server
Knowledge: ITIL and AGILE Frameworks
Read Also: Penspen Jobs in Abu Dhabi | Senior Process Engineer-PMC
- Hands-on experience in developing and maintaining the automation processes, architecting the framework.
- Excellent scripting skills (Example: PowerShell, Node.js, Python, Terraform).
- Hands-on experience in developing infrastructure automation scripts (IaaC).
- Detailed experience with Azure, AWS, and/or GCP.
- Strong experience with the cloud stack (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
- Proven experience as an architect, delivering and supporting highly available and globally distributed systems in public cloud.
- Experience with cloud vendor native cost management platforms. Including rightsizing and reserved instance evaluations.
- Experience with policies and controls governance, using cloud vendor native tools (e.g., Azure Policy, AWS Service Control Policies) for large scale organizations.
- Hands-on experience on Operating systems – Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Linux.
- Working knowledge on Linux/Windows Authentication and authorization systems.
Salary & Benefits
Join us in a management role and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary. On top of our generous travel benefits, including discounted flights and hotel stays around the world, this managerial role also has an excellent leave and healthcare package. That’s on top of transport benefits, life insurance and more. Find out what it’s like to live and work in our fast-paced, cosmopolitan home city in the Dubai Lifestyle