Apply for Pharmacist Job in Dubai | The Emirates Group Jobs Dubai 2022
To provide patients with prescribed medication / and non prescribed medications (Over the Counter (OTC)) for treatment of minor ailments, acting as a consultant to patients, physicians and the medical team on the selection, dosage, interaction, side effects and use of drugs. Identify and rectify prescribing errors to prevent fatal complications and ensure pharmaceutical regulations are followed. Take full responsibility for safe and accurate dispensing of all prescriptions.
- Responsible for independently preparing and dispensing prescription and non-prescription medications, reviewing medication profile of patients to ensure appropriateness of prescriptions.
- Prepare and provide medicines and treatment without Doctors instructions such as treatment of minor ailments (cold, cough, constipation, etc), making initial clinical assessments and referring patients to appropriate clinicians if required. Dispense prescriptions from external Clinics on network.
- Responsible for Drug therapy management i.e, ensure that patient receives the prescription in the right dose, quantity and with proper instructions, check interactions, alter drug regimen if inappropriate. Independently dispense medication, review medication profile of patients to ensure appropriateness of prescriptions.
- Identify and rectify prescribing errors to prevent health complications, including fatality. Independently counsel patients and medical practitioners regarding the nature and use of drugs, drug selection, appropriate drug therapy, drug indications / contra-indications, dosage, drug interactions and side effects. Actively participate in the drug selection process and refer any problems associated with the prescribing.
- In liaison with Senior Pharmacist, ensure supply and disbursement of adequate stocks of drugs at the pharmacy. Refer medication orders to the Senior Pharmacist and oversee appropriate, storage and ensuring minimum loss. Manage storage and recordkeeping systems to provide for safekeeping of pharmaceuticals. Also responsible for auditing and recommending improvements in cost related aspects and pharmacy organization, systems and processes.
- Responsible for proper storage of drugs, medical devices, consumables and vaccines. Responsible for loss prevention of medicines by planning and co-coordinating audits, expiry checks and recommending improvements to improve profitability.
- Record all medicines used and update the drug interaction database and Drug Formulary so that all medical staff are made aware of any drug related safety issues and special advice warnings.
- Participate in Continuing Education Programs (CME), including pharmaceutical courses. Attend weekly CME seminars. Plan and research topics to present these seminars, focusing on prescribing costs / alternatives, better communication.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Providing prescription intervention service
- Arranging the delivery of prescription medicines to patients
- Ensure effectiveness and appropriateness of all health programmes.
- Supervising and training pharmacy support staff in order to ensure consistent service capability standards are maintained
- Manage pharmacy operations, performing administrative duties, and inventory management.
- Knowledge of medical insurance process of DHA.
- Keeping up to date with current pharmacy practice, new drugs and their uses.
- Answer the queries of the doctors, nurses or patients about the probable side effects and benefits of medications.
- Recommend OTC medications to patients with minor ailments.
- Help/advise the doctor in medical billing queries and paper work of medical health insurance.
- Maintain good Inventory and Quality Control
SABIS Network Careers UAE | KG Assistant
Chalhoub Group Jobs Dubai | Costumer Care Trainee
Al Mulla Group Jobs Fujairah | Waitress
Qualifications & Experience
Medical/Safety.Other Medical : 5+ Years
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) :
Qualifications: Regulatory requirement : Valid DHA license Experience in a hospital or community Pharmacy.
Knowledge/skills: – Strong communication and customer service skills, including dealing with sensitive and confidential patient information.
Leadership Role: No
Salary & Benefits
Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.