Apply for Sustainability Officer Job at Majid Al Futtaim Dubai, United Arab Emirates | Majid Al Futtaim Dubai Careers 2022
Majid Al Futtaim invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, serving over 560 million visitors a year. For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification. We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you.
The Sustainability Officer is responsible for supporting the business in monitoring and complying the sustainable development and climate change duties, by initiating, managing, and supporting engagement activities, sharing best practice and reporting progress and achievements vs objectives.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Communicate examples of sustainability best practice in key areas such as procurement, planning, construction, transport, and waste management to MAFL staff and stakeholders.
- Ensure all data associated with MAFL Net Zero target are collated and communicated in a timely manner.
- Liaise with external organizations to understand current market trends in sustainability best practice and communicate through campaigns and events to influence local policy and practice.
- Research, develop and circulate standard policies, strategies and performance metrics designed along with the Director of Excellence and Compliance to support sustainability performance
- Manage and co-ordinate the Sustainable Plan “Dare today, change tomorrow”, designing and delivering the annual workplan in collaboration with other Opcos and internal departments to achieve objectives.
- Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested by Director of Excellence and Compliance
- Support MAFL to develop ambitious policies, strategies and action plans that assist delivery of sustainable development such as climate action, circular economy; nature recovery; responsible procurement; equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Assess level of satisfaction through an annual survey and revise engagement strategies accordingly.
- Prepare regular progress reports on sustainability tasks and project completion
- Develop business cases through research for new initiatives
- Ensure awareness, understanding and compliance of all employees to Company Health & Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Support in the roll-out of educational and training programs where relevant to sustainability.
- Establish and maintain key relationships with all internal departments & relevant stakeholders (including government, public bodies, academic institutions, relevant businesses, and NGOs) to strengthen and help co-ordinate the delivery of the sustainability roadmap
- Be the advocate and ambassador of aligning and cascading the MAFL values and ensure its adherence and exhibit the same all the time.
- Budget management
- Innovative ideas
- Employee satisfaction
- Projects execution
Functional / Technical Competencies
- Detail orientation
- Reporting skills
- Project management
- Systems savvy
- Interpersonal relations
- Creative thinking
- Leads the Way – Is able to prioritize work based on urgency and impact. Is able to communicate objectives in a clear manner. Reaches out to colleagues for support as and when needed to ensure timely delivery of objectives. Takes initiative to create positive energy. Enthusiastic about new challenges.
- Drives Impact – Is able to identify key pieces of information required for delivery of work. Identifies areas of risk within own role. Understands when things are urgent. Takes ownership and escalates where required in a timely manner.
- Thinks Customer – Actively listens and demonstrates understanding for customer’s stated and unstated expectations and understands what is needed to deliver on expectations. Delivers value and quality to the customer. Understands “customer first” mindset.
- Thinks Group – Understands how and where own role / work fits in the overall company. Demonstrates willingness and ability to collaborate. Actively achieves targets. Communicates well with colleagues. Listens attentively. Does not shy away from collaborating.
- Develops Talent – Suggests ways of improving efficiency. Spends time learning and improving. Regularly seeks feedback. Responds honestly to difficult questions and gives relevant feedback when required.
- Fosters Innovation – Does not hesitate to share new ideas. Is curious and takes inspiration from best practices. Demonstrates creativity in day-to-day work.
Related: Collections Officer Job – GZ Solutions Sharjah
Qualifications & Experience
Qualifications / Education
Bachelor’s degree in Environmental science, Sustainability, or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Sustainability role
- Retail industry experience is preferred