• Conduct self-guided research to become familiar with what products are available as well as their costs and benefits
• Search available products to find the best combination of quality, price, and delivery
• Negotiate policies and contracts with various suppliers
• Manage deliveries to confirm compliance with contracts
• Monitor stock levels and verify purchase requisitions
• Identify damaged or defective goods and work out an alternative solution with the supplier
• Keep detailed records and prepare and submit necessary reports
• Maintain professional relationships with all key suppliers
• Attend various conferences, supplier plants, and vendor interviews to stay informed about changes and advancements in the industry
• Holistically Manage Risk
• Enhance Sustainability
• Improve Supplier Relationships
• Participate in a Global Market.
• Involve New Technology.
• Develop Financial Skills.
• Lead in Innovation.
• Collaborate Effectively
Associate Degree, Bachelor Degree
Other similar jobs that might interest you