To provide an account management service to the nominated business units ensuring that best practice procurement techniques are adopted to achieve lowest cost of ownership and that agreed service levels are achieved.
– Provide support to the Vice President, Procurement & Logistics (Services) and/or Manager Procurement & Logistics, by developing and implementing strategies to deliver the lowest total cost of ownership for acquisition of capital, goods or service items.
– Independently decide on and authorise supply orders and contracts for values upto AED 100,000. Where contract values exceed this financial limit, analyse and prepare reports & recommendations for review & approval at Manager P&L, VP & SVP level, as necessary.
– Manage and provide guidance to a team of subject matter experts to provide a full service procurement function within agreed service levels to Customer Departments.
– Ensure that the sourcing, pre-qualification and evaluation of suppliers is carried out as per company standards/policies to assess what services and products they are qualified to provide thereby ensuring that the correct products and services are available
– Ensure that the tender documents are developed and lead cross-functional teams to produce detailed specifications (where appropriate, in conjunction with Legal and other departments) and to subsequently issue for tender to obtain equal and competitive quotations.
– As an account manager, provide expert advice to customer departments during product design phase in order to optimise value for money to the Group.
– Negotiate contract prices and terms and conditions where business impact/value/risk is deemed high, to ensure that the Companys’ best contractual and commercial position is attained. Ensure that supply and commercial risk is minimised.
– Liaise & communicate closely with Customer Departments at all times to ensure that the Customer Department is fully involved in the procurement process. The successful development with these relationships at SVP, VP & Grade 10 level is crucial to ensure efficient and effective supplier selection.
– Proactively search for and identify opportunities for cost reduction wherever possible. Benchmark the performance of their sections against available statistics/indicators and identify areas for improvement. This will include knowledge of technical advances, market developments and other relevant changes in the supply market.
– Critically evaluate reports generated by reporting staff to assess performance of their respective sections and take corrective action where required.
Qualifications & Experience
Procurement.Contract Management : 8+ Years
MCIPS – Professional Diploma in Purchasing & Supply
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
– Degree level or equivalent, ideally in a Business Management/ Supply Chain/ Engineering or related field.
– Experience preferably in an Airline or other Blue Chip Organisation in the middle management level with strong financial acumen (need not have worked in the Finance Department).
– The job holder must have a proven track record of analytical decision-making, with strong commercial acumen.
– He/she must have strong organisational and negotiation skills.
– The job holder will often be required to influence the decision making process of line departments. To do so effectively, the job holder must have strong interpersonal skills, experience and confidence to adequately deal with senior personnel
– Facilities Maintenance, Capex, construction procurement knowledge required
– Good technical knowledge of facilities, maintenance and engineering are a plus
– Demonstrate procurement planning and strategy development within the region.
– Good experience with savings tracking and measurement.
– Good understanding of Category Management, governance design and category performance management.
– Experience with compliance management.
– Supply market research and supplier analysis
– Supplier Costing Models & Total Cost of Ownership analysis and supplier analysis
– Supplier evaluation, registration and on-boarding
Related: Expeditor Job – Wood Plc Dubai
Personal Characteristics and Required Background:
– Preferred experience in a direct Procurement organization dealing with multiple contract types covering Maintenance, Construction and Engineering.
– Understanding of best-in-class procurement processes, systems and practices
– Customer focused & takes time to understand the needs of the business partnering, influencing and negotiation skills
Salary & Benefits
Join us in a management role and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary. On top of our generous travel benefits, including discounted flights and hotel stays around the world, this managerial role also has an excellent leave and healthcare package. That’s on top of transport benefits, life insurance and more. Find out what it’s like to live and work in our fast-paced, cosmopolitan home city in the Dubai Lifestyle section of our website www.emirates.com/careersJoin us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.Join our growing team and enjoy a competitive remuneration package, discounts on flights and hotel stays. Find out more about working with us in our website www.emirates.com/careers
Other similar jobs that might interest you