Get hired at Parker Wellbore in Abu Dhabi, Apply for Administrative Assistant Job in Abu Dhabi (with salary)
Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
This position will provide administrative support to the General Manager.
Prepare presentation materials in a variety of forms and formats.
Schedule meetings, organize calendar events and establish travel arrangements, including preparation of Travel Itineraries.
Provide account coding of invoices for department.
Basic clerical duties such as filing, typing and answering the phone.
Maintains file room for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
Coordinate the pre-filing effort with the printer and be the control-point for Microsoft Word documents that are used prior to feeding filing information to the printing companies.
Support the month-end close and other accounting processes.
Exhibit friendly, positive and team-like behavior.
Follow all Company policy and procedures.
Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A High School diploma is required for this position.
A Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Should have at least 3 years of administrative work experience.
Must be capable of working in a team environment.
Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
Should have strong PC skills to include all MS Office products.
Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors.
Must be able to present self in a professional manner through interaction and communication.
Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
Initiating & Driving Change
• Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change
• Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions
• Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation
• Drives step changes in how the company operates
• Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change
• Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market
• Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines
• Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives
• Understands and supports the need for change
• Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process
• Provides direction and focus during the change process
• Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization
• Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process
• Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
• Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities
• Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
• Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers
• Very bottom-line oriented
• Steadfastly pushes self and others for results
• Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles
• Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties
• Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks
• Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time
• Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance
• Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact
• Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
• Blends people into teams when they are needed
• Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team
• Shares wins and successes
• Fosters open dialogue
• Lets people finish and be responsible for their work
• Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment
• Defines success in terms of the whole team
• Creates a feeling of belonging in the team
• Values the contributions of all team members
• Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members
• Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
See Also: Parker Wellbore Jobs Houston,TX | IT Security Manager
• Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
• Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers’ business issues and needs for improvements in products and services
• Acts with customer in mind
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
• Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships
• Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Ability to walk on uneven ground (gravel, rocks, mounds, ice)
Ability to ascend and descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and/or ramps while carrying tools requiring a reasonable degree of physical stamina and agility and involving moderate to severe physical exertion
Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
Other similar jobs that might interest you