Apply for Managing Partner job in Lagos, Nigeria | Hux Venture Jobs Nigeria
Hux Venture is a venture capital fund. We back daring African founders tackling some of Africa’s most pressing challenges. We work to identify untapped, possibly game-changing ideas and bring them to fruition. Our mission is to grow Africa’s GDP through entrepreneurship.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Managing Partner
- We are looking for a true partner to come onboard and help achieve our overall objectives.
- There is a tremendous ability to craft and provide input on the vision and structure of the fund.
- These requirements are guidelines, but we will review every application and, for the right candidate, will move forward.
- If you believe you have what it takes to be successful in this role, do not hesitate to apply.
- A successful Managing Partner at Hux Ventures will have a history of fundraising from institutional investors, building co-investing opportunities with angel groups, syndication, and will have raised and deployed funds.
- As a Managing Partner at Hux Ventures, you will lead Hux Ventures and report to the firm’s board of directors.
- Core responsibility to successfully fundraise on behalf of the fund
- Craft, collaborate, and lead development structure for fundraising strategies
- Meet, co-establish, and exceed fundraising and deployment goals as established by Hux Ventures
- Validate investment opportunities for deal execution – end to end ability to negotiate terms, diligence, financial model, and oversee the portfolio
- Provide hands on leadership for all aspects of the investment process
- Maintain meticulous records of all investment activity between founders and investors from origination to exit
- Work with and support portfolio companies, including attending board meetings and monitoring performance to ensure returns and strategic objectives are achieved
- Identifying co-investors to participate in financings for Hux Ventures portfolio
- Build and manage the investors’ network for the fund.
- 6+ years of experience at a venture capital firm, or major corporation venture capital group, with a deep understanding of the early stage venture capital space OR previously raised fund.
- Must have an extensive rolodex and strong relationships with LPs, institutional investors, partners, and institutions.
- Expert in sourcing to existing investments, including deal analysis, due diligence, financial modelling, reviewing and negotiating all documentation, deal interface, and driving the deal process to completion.
- You must be energized by fundraising, building relationships, and representing Hux Ventures’ investment methodology to prospective investors.
- Strong ability to think strategically and direct others in solving complex business problems under pressure.
- Highly developed analytical skills with the ability to define issues, collect and analyze pertinent data, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, draw valid conclusions, propose sound recommendations, and implement approved solutions in support of specified goals; attention to detail is critical.
- Excellent communication skills, including strong writing and the ability to create top-notch presentations and materials that provide business insight that is relevant and digestible to executive decision makers.
- Be a part of a team with a hybrid in-office and remote culture with a HQ in the United States.
- Access to compensation packages including base plus performance incentives, equity, and company stock.
- Join an active culture and become a pillar in the startup community with weekly team outings and community events.
- Access to all of our accelerator programs (Hux Lab).
- An opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space by working with thousands of startups around Africa.
Read Also: Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc Jobs | Assistant Turbine Manager
Application Closing Date
17th October, 2022.
Interested and qualified candidates should their CV to:
using the Job Title as the subject of the email.